Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Marry Rich

I think about days that are noticeably better than others and I try to figure out what made it go so smoothly.  This is what I have come up with: normally it goes smoothly because of feeling in control while everything also falls into its place. It also seems like these days are when you don't have to worry about anything! Those are the days when organization is your middle name and every minor accomplishment seems to bring a bit more bounce in your step. 

This is my definition of rich.

Rich is when you feel taken care of, pampered, accomplished, excited and put together all at the same time. It's the feeling you get when you feel on top of the world and invincible, even when the task is just finishing getting groceries (which I love). Maybe your cart included sun-dried tomatoes to fancy up your favourite pasta dish, or you motivated yourself to complete a run even though the re-run marathon of Keeping up with the Kardashians was on TV. Feeling rich?

Rich is more about management than money, if you ask me. Ever notice how the feeling lingers when you finally accomplish that daunting task that has been bothering you for a while? See? Management is the key. It's about tackling and fulfilling your dreams - for that moment, hour, day, weekend. It's the feeling you get when you feel something is smiling on you. Its a treat you don't necessarily have to have done something to deserve, you are only required to accept the richness of it. Surround yourself with this feeling and you will always feel rich!

My rich weekend consisted of running out of my foundation (FINALLY!!!) and getting new mineral power foundation. It makes me feel wonderful, light, and like I'm not wearing make-up. I love that. After the retail therapy portion came the food therapy portion of me weekend. Ok, so the photo quality isn't amazing, but maybe my next treat will be a DSLR...

Country Scones, a la Maia - kamut flour, oats, apricots, dates, coconut and sweetened with apple sauce


 Country - non picture perfect, but tasty all the same! - Scones


Chocolate Snickerdoodles - chocolate cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar! Love the chocolate-cinnamon combo :)


Once I cooled the Snickerdoodles I cut them in half and filled with Raspberry jam for Whoopie Pies. Delicious both ways - on their own and Whoopie Pie-d.

No comments:

Post a Comment