Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chocolate Irish Cream Cookies


Green is one of those colours that often gets overlooked. I will be the first to admit that green is definitely not my first go-to colour. I find it isn't the most universally flattering to my skin tone, so I tend to shy away from from it when given the option.

But trust me, I get into St. Patty's day in full force. It is the only day of the year that I honestly consciously coordinate my life around the colour green. March 17th is a date that takes place just as Spring is coming in, so why not celebrate in the colour green? Life is starting to grow again, the sun is making the earth a bit warmer, and who knows, maybe this spring will be the spring where you get lucky! Ok, I didn't mean thaaat kind of lucky (mom, I know you read this!), I just meant, you know. Ok, I don't know. I mean whatever type of luck you need/want/desire -- no, not desire, that's putting the wrong spin on things again. Oh, just forget it!

Oh ya, I am Irish, by the way. So Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Chocolate Irish Cream, Butter, Sugar, Flour.

Yes, I taste-tested about five. Let's bake some cookies!







Chocolate Irish Cream Cookies (Adapted from How Sweet it Is)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened (I used olive oil spread)
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
1/2 cup chocolate chips  

Directions:
1. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add in Bailey’s one tablespoon at a time. Add flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

2. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes to allow the dough to set.

3. Roll into balls and set on a baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough in between batches.

4. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.

5. Put on something green and eat a couple :)  A taste-test is always recommended.

1 comment:

  1. Just an afterthought: Why not substitute the chocolate chips for mint chocolate or caramel chips? It might make for a more delicious cookie!

    ReplyDelete