Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Power Smoothie

Good morning.

Let's start the day off right, shall we? I really find that delicious fruit is  breakfast must-have. Fruit on cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, with toast, on pancakes, waffles, as a side to bacon and eggs.  For me, it's a must. It really is essential for me to start the day off right.

Smoothies are one of those healthy treats that really help to power through a Monday morning, or start a lazy Saturday off on the best possible note. I find that when I'm sipping the blended up fruit, that for a second I am able to forget where I am, what I'm doing and escape. Yes, smoothies are really that deep for me. 

Let's get lost together, shall we?



As a side bar, it is ok to find the spinach weird.
 


Power Smoothie
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
2 cups frozen fruit (I used peaches, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and raspberries)
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup coconut water

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful treat!!! :) Thanks for kicking off the Gluten Free Fridays party this weekend! WOOT! We have some awesome recipes and they just keep coming!! So....Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete