Set backs happen. Solution? Make a quick little tea bread, snap some pictures on your smartphone, and share the recipe.
Remember? Everrryone likes it when treats are being shared.
I know it has been a while since I posted something. Life gets busy, it gets frustrating, and sometimes it is just easier to take a small breather from everything. The best way to get back into things is with a moist treat that is loaded with great ingredients, has no refined sugar, and really should you make you feel good about yourself. Win-win.
Pumpkin Apple Coconut Tea Bread (Gluten and Refined Sugar Free, adapted from FitSugar)
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup Honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg and 2 egg whites
3/4 cup Sorghum flour
1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
2 tbsp Coconut Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened Apple Sauce (easy way to make your own!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a mixer add pumpkin, honey and vanilla. Add egg and eggs whites and mix together until smooth.
- Mix together flours, baking powder and baking soda and add to the mixing bowl. Mix until moist. Add yogurt and apple sauce until just combined.
- Pour in coconut and mix until just combined.
- Pour into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and the bread is golden brown.