Monday, April 16, 2012

Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Spaghetti with Shrimp


I have been running a lot lately. Like I'm on a mission...a solid 6 km mission. It feels good. It sucks while I'm doing it, but I keep thinking "alright, home stretch, almost there, keep it going". And then when I get home and collapse all sweaty, I feel good.

Ok, so I have run twice in the past week. But that's still better than no running. Plus when I play soccer that's just running with a purpose! I enjoy the activities that are like that - exercise with a purpose. It's sneaky. It gets you moving, and when it's all said and done you feel a bit more better about the world since you just spent the last little while contributing, working together, sweating, and enjoying each others company.

But enough of the sweaty hand holding. Sometimes the collaborations just work. Like my dinner dish. Asian meets Italian, kind of. You have your bok choy, your asparagus, your pasta (mine was rice pasta for gluten free, so it could be both Italian and Asian!), your Alfredo sauce, and your shrimp. A marriage of Italian and Asian. Some might say its Italasian...



Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Spaghetti with Shrimp

Ingredients:
1 package brown rice spaghetti
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
5 baby bok choy bunches
30-40 cooked large Shrimp
1 cup prepared Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Prepare pasta as per directions on the package.

2. In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Add bok choy, and cook until wilted. Add the shrimp and Alfredo sauce and begin to simmer. 

3. Cook the mixture in the sauce for about 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is hot.

4. Pour the sauce mixture over the spaghetti and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment