Friday, May 18, 2012

Grilled Chicken Greek Pizza


Many people seem to work better when there is a bit of pressure put on them. When a deadline is looming and the task has to get done, you just know it will get done. A little bit of stress is healthy.  A little bit of heat can really help kick things into gear and maybe even add a little bit of flourish in the completion process.  

But when does that heat become too much? Where is the tipping point when stress boils over and goes from a bit of a productive push to a stalling brick wall?

Everyone's tipping point is in a different place. Some people are tipped at the slightest feeling of pressure, while others can keep piling it all until the point of almost breaking. Most fall in the middle somewhere. The middle seems like a good place to be, because that is where I think I fall. Regardless of where you fall in this spectrum, it's important to know where your tipping point is.

But getting to that tipping point is part of figuring out where it takes place. Pushing yourself just a little bit too hard can be ok sometimes. It helps you to figure out where your tipping point is, and how much you can stand. Think of it as tolerance testing. It's like doing leg squats against a wall until you. just. can't. take. the. burning.

What was the tipping point for me this week? It happened at the end of the day on Wednesday. I love hump day. I love feeling that much closer to the weekend, to a break. Breaks are beautiful. They allow you to re-cooperate from that little bit of extra pushing you did to yourself during the week.

Friday's just scream "treat day". And based on that little bit of pressure I put on myself this week, I felt like I deserved it.  So what did I really REALLY want? Pizza. What was the challenge? The crust. Gluten-free is tough! But I am determined. I am pushing myself to get a little bit better every time. No, this task has nothing to do with getting to my tipping point, but maybe there is a tipping point here between bad and good pizza crust. This one really worked out. It was really delicious. Thin. Crispy. I was very proud of myself. And I love this combination of flavours. The tipping point between regular and gourmet. Tip, tip, tip.....

It looks like it's smiling! Either that, or it's wearing a mustache...What a nicely placed piece of red pepper!


Grilled Chicken Greek Pizza

Ingredients:
Prepared Pizza Dough (I used half of the 101 cookbooks recipe, didn't add the olive oil, and instead of the all-purpose flour I used a gluten-free all-purpose flour mix*)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup baby spinach
1 chicken breast, grilled and torn into small pieces
1 small red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup grated old cheddar
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
red pepper flakes, to taste
dried rosemary, to taste

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 500 F.
2. Take prepared pizza dough and press it out onto a piece of parchment paper until you reach your desired thickness. I pressed mine out fairly thin.
3. Top pizza with pizza sauce, followed by spinach, pieces of chicken, red pepper, grated cheddar, feta, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and rosemary.
4. Bake for 10 minutes on the top rack. Transfer pizza to the bottom rack and continue baking for 5 more minutes. Take the pizza out from the oven and allow the pizza to rest for 3-5 minutes. 
5. Cut pizza into 6-8 pieces. Serve immediately.

*Gluten-Free all-purpose flour mix
1 heaping cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour

No comments:

Post a Comment