Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Spicy Peanut Thai Noodles


I think I have discussed things that I find cute before. But seriously, this is just funny. Ever notice how girls describe things that are funny as cute? I do that. All the time.

So, I am sitting at work talking to our office manager and she was telling me that she was reading some of the comments from our timesheets back in 2010 (remeber the beginning of this decade!?). There was one gentleman who had taken vacation and had submitted comments on his time off. The following is an exerpt from his comments:

Monday: 8 hours vacation - travel day.
Tuesday: 8 hours vacation - sat by the pool and drank a beer.
Wednesday: 8 hours vacation - sat by the pool, went to the beach, had a margarita.

This continued for the full week he was on vacation! Now, most people would think or what a funny guy. Girl reaction out of me was, "how cute is that!" Others may react more like "No one gives a shat what you did on your vacation." Regardless of what your reaction would be in this situation, I think this situation was driven by one of two things: either he wanted to share his vacation and thought it was funny (most likely the correct answer), or he actually really needed a vacation for sanity reasons.

Different people, different reactions. I thought he was just keeping things spicy. Like these noodles.


Math is my thing. I get numbers. I like numbers. But, I promise I will keep this part simple.

Noddle Dish Equation: Take the sauce...


...Add noddles...


...plus stirfry veggies and meat...


...which equals something way better than thai takeout.



Spicy Peanut Thai Noodles
Serves 6

100 g Rice Noodles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
2 cups shrimp, tail and shell removed
1 cup green cabbage, chopped
2 cup california frozen vegetable medley (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
1-2 tsp peanut oil
1/4 cup tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp sriracha chili sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp crushed peanuts

Directions:
1. In a wok heat up peanut oil. Add all vegetables and stir fry until soft, approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add tamari, sriracha, brown sugar and crushed peanuts and stir until sauces are mixed and evenly distributed across the vegetables.
3. Bring water to a boil to cook the noodles.
4. Add chicken and shrimp to the stirfry and cook until the meat is warmed.
5. Add the noodles to the boiling water and soak until cooked (the directions on my noodles said to allow the noodles to soak for 3 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached). Drain the noddles prior to serving.
6. Serve stirfry veggies and meat over the Rice noodles, and eat with chopsticks!

3 comments:

  1. I love thai food and this looks really good and healthy. My travel blog hosts a weekly friday recipe link up. I'd be so honored if you would come link this one up! ~~katie http://www.katieslanguagecafe.com/2012/10/french-cuisine-fridays-recipe-link-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking up! these look soooo good! ~~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dish! YUM
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Thanks for linking back to the Gluten Free Fridays post!

    See you at the link up this week! We are having a special giveaway this week! Its a tote bag filled with some Gluten Free Allergy Friendly goodies!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete