Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

 

When was the last time you took a break? Like really took a break? I honestly can't remember the last time I did. Except, I did take a break on Saturday. A real break. A I'm going to lie on the couch and read a whole entire book and not feel like I have to do anything else kind of day.

This little exercise, or lack there of, showed me how sucky I am at doing nothing. In university I was great at it. Sunday TV marathons - no problem. Now it's a miracle if I can sit through a movie without jumping to about 15 other things during commercial breaks, which trickle into me missing the show, and so the cycle continues.

Schedules, routines, chores, repeat.

But is any of it really required to get everything done? Probably not. It isn't necessary for me to complete everything all at once. It is necessary for me to take breaks. So, this is the art that I am currently learning.

Right now I am loving the spice. Loving the heat. It makes sense because as the temperature starts to drop slowly, the heat in my dinners is my replacement for the summer sun.

Mixing it up. Making it fresh.


Prep done. Dinner plated.


Yum. Yum. Yum.

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup (or to your taste preference) chili hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1/4 cup diced pineapple

Directions:
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.  Saute the onions and garlic until transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and fry until the chicken is cooked through.
3. To the skillet pour in the hot sauce and pineapple. Allow the sauces to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment