Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mushroom Parsley Frittata


This holiday season I am going to be nicer. Kind of a pre-new year's resolution, I guess, but more just the random acts of kindness type of nicer. I'm normally a pretty nice person (I bring my co-workers cookies from time to time, and I make sure every so often I cook some fatty ribs to keep my engineer happy), but sometimes those random acts of kindness are really fun. 

Have you ever been in the line up at a fast food place, or a coffee place, and you get to the counter and the person ahead of you has already paid for your order? Me neither! But I have heard this happens every so often. Can you imagine getting your morning latte and the person at the cash register takes your order and say actually you have already been paid for by that person (point to another person waiting by the Barista for their Venti triple shot, double-fancy, extra hot, light whip business type of drink, for example). Can you imagine how awesome that would be?! See! I want that to happen to me too! So I think that it would be pretty cool to just do that for someone else. 

I'm working on the time and place, but hopefully it goes as fairy-tale as I have planned it in my head. No, not whisked away by a knight in shining armour kind of fairy tale (I ALREADY HAVE THAT!) but more a random act of kindness, made someone's day, making me feel awesome for the rest of the day, week, month, kind of fairy tale. 

I'll keep you posted on my progress.
 
By the way, I'm totally in to eggs lately. Egg sandwiches, now frittata. Comfort food much? Uh, ya, I thinks so.

This is a meaty non-meat recipe. I love how the mushrooms really just give you that meaty texture and smokey flavour. Trust me, the smell of this as it baked was divine. I could have licked the air. Don't worry though, I'm not that crazy...


Cheese.


Eggs.


Mushrooms and parsley.


Sprinkle on top the magic.



Ready to face the heat!


I would say it handled the heat nicely. It kind of reminds me of a pizza!


Ready for the mangia-business.


Make sure I cover allll the angles.



Mushroom Parsley Frittata
Serves 6

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk (I used skim milk)
1 tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped or hand shredded
2 cups mini bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Grease a large pie plate and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and milk until frothy very frothy, about 3 minutes hand-mixing.
3. Add parsley and mushrooms and whisk for another minute or so to regain some of the lost froth.
4. Pour the egg mixture into your pie plate. Top with grated cheese and a good sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the middle has set and the top is nicely browned.
6. Allow the frittata to rest for at least 5 minutes prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment