And then it was December. The last month of the year. The month that encourages giving and sharing, and is full of lots and lots of food. Beautiful. Unfortunately, for most people December is the equivalent to chaos. Tons of people visiting, tons of travel to plan, tons to eat and sample and enjoy. See what I mean? Chaos.
So, let's enjoy the wonderful chaos that is holiday season with some fresh muffins. It does only happen once a year. Deep breath, who knows, maybe you will inhale some warming cinnamon goodness, or better yet? Some sweet butter cream richness.
Good Morning, glory...
Up close and personal.
Break it off.
This is your moment. Your muffin. Exit all chaos.
Don't worry, I have no intentions of suggesting you share these goodies. It's ok, they can have their own.
Morning Glory Muffins
Makes 10 Muffins
2/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup carrot, grated
1/4 cup raisins
3 tbsp flax meal
Sesame Seeds, to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with 10 muffin liners and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, coconut oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Your mix should be fairly dense.
5. Fold in apple sauce, pineapple, grated carrots, raisins and flax seeds. Mix until just combined.
6. Using a muffin scoop, evenly distribute the batter between the 10 muffin liners. the muffins should be filled to the top. Note that coconut flour does not rise, so if you want to have a domed muffin top, make less muffins (try 6?) and fill the muffin cups so that the batter over flows.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for 25 minutes. I like to bake these muffins on the bottom rack because coconut flour tends to brown and burn quickly.
8. Allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.